Thursday, September 10, 2009

Federal bike commuter benefit, up to $20/month

The federal Bicycle Commuter Act, passed as part of last year's stimulus bill (HR 1424), allows employers to grant employees a rebate of up to $20 per month to help defray the costs of bicycle commuting; I wonder how many employers have jumped at this opportunity....

The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition provides info for employees seeking the benefit & links for employers as well (e.g. IRS guidelines to the benefit).

If anybody out there works at The George Washington University and would like to help me petition for this benefit, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post links to your maps/routes on Bicycling.com (Trimble Outdoors) or MapMyRide.com and I'll embed them in a new post.

Post other links & I'll add them to the link file.